THE TALE OF BURNS - A celebration of the life of the poet Robert Burns
21st Mar 2021 - 21st Mar 2021Starring
Starring Mim Erasmus & Frank Graham About The Show
42 Cunningham Rd off Bartle Road, Durban
THE TALE OF BURNS
A celebration of the life of the poet Robert Burns and other things Scottish
Starring Mim Erasmus & Frank Graham
SUNDAY 21 MARCH 2021 Show starts 14.00 – DBN
(Venue opens 90 minutes before show for snacks/drinks)
Calling everyone with any connection to Scotland whatsoever, or anyone who loves its poetry and songs, THE TALE OF BURNS” is a journey through the life, songs and poetry of the Scottish Bard, Robert Burns.
Celebrations, worldwide, are held close to the poet's birthday, 25 January, and this is our Annual Tribute. This year, by popular demand, we are presenting it in the Original Rhumbelow Theatre. - sadly a little delayed due to COVID.
Mim Erasmus, our very own Minstrel, and Frank Graham, raconteur and story teller de luxe need no introduction, and we are guaranteed an afternoon of fabulous music and rib hugging hilarity.
We all know Burns songs like ‘Ye banks and braes’ and ‘My love is like a red, red rose’, and Mim will sing these and lead you in a singalong of other favourites – with the words on a screen!!
Frank will regale us with Burns poems and tall tales to complete the afternoon’s entertainment.
Join us for an afternoon guaranteed to lift your spirits, warm your heart and leave you with a song in your heart and a smile on your lips.
Durban’s Top Talent at the Rhumbelow Theatre.
Whilst we are not changing our 2020 pricing, we would ask that if you are able to please assist us and the performers by donating a higher ticket price.
R 160-00 a ticket
NO OTHER DISCOUNTS FOR THIS SHOW
Bring food picnic baskets or buy from Kevin.
ALL SEATING WILL BE AT SEPARATE TABLES AND WE WILL OBVIOUSLY BE SEATING CO-HABITING COUPLES AND/OR FAMILY MEMBERS TOGETHER.
Limited secure parking available
Booking is essential.
WITH THE CURRENT COVID LEVELS WE WILL BE LIMITING CAPACITY TO 50 PEOPLE MAX
FULL BAR AVAILABLE
(no alcohol may be brought on to the premises)
BOOKINGS ON EMAIL PLEASE : email@example.com
or COMPUTICKET http://events.durbantheatre.com/
For showbiz news, reviews and interviews don't miss Billy Suter's Website at https://sosuterbill.com/
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR PATRONS
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PATRONS
- Patrons need to wear a face and nose covering at all times in the venue except when eating or drinking.
- All patrons will have their temperatures taken on arrival at the venue.
- All patrons will be required to complete documents relating to Travel and Covid-19 contacts.
- All patrons will be required to complete an indemnity form.
- All patrons will be required to complete an attendance register with all appropriate information including confirmation of co-habiting when couples attend.
- All patrons will be hand sanitized on arrival and at interval.
- All patrons will be requested to bring hand sanitizer with them to the venue.
- Any patron who does not meet the required Health & Safety protocols and temperature check will be refused entry.
- Patrons above the age of 60 or a person with co-morbidities will be discouraged from attending performances. (GOVT GUIDELINES – please be guided by your own health status)